Thu, Oct 12, 2017 4:23 PM
• Six-time Olympic gold medallist Sir Chris Hoy has picked up top spec Caterham 620R from Northwich dealership, Oakmere Caterham, Cheshire
• Hoy inspired to make new Caterham purchase after competing in 310R Championship this year
• Hoy’s 620R offers 310bhp and a breath-taking top speed of 155mph
• Oakmere Caterham dealership was awarded ‘Caterham Dealer of the Year 2016’
• Watch Hoy on track in the Caterham 310R Championship here: https://tinyurl.com/ycdzsu28
Six-time Olympic gold medallist, Sir Chris Hoy, has beefed up his garage with the purchase of a brand-new Caterham Seven.
Hoy, a massive Seven fan and previous owner of a number of the iconic British brand’s cars, collected the keys to his 620R from the local Caterham dealership in Cheshire.
The Scot has returned to the Caterham fraternity following an exciting stint in the highly-competitive 310R Championship this summer.
“I’ve always loved Caterhams and have driven plenty over the years,” said Hoy. “Competing in the 310R Championships this year reminded me exactly why I’ve got such a love affair with the Seven.
“The 620R is about as powerful as a Caterham gets and I can’t wait to hit the track in it.”
Jonathan Jarratt, Managing Director of Oakmere Caterham, added: “Sir Chris Hoy has been a friend and customer of ours for years and we’re really proud to be able to provide the six-time Olympic gold medallist with the next instalment in his Seven journey.
“Having won the accolade of Caterham Dealer of the Year 2016 and now selling a car to a sporting legend, it’s a very exciting time for us as a Caterham dealership.”
More about the 620R
Under the mighty 620R’s bonnet lies a supercharged 2.0 litre Ford Duratec engine, delivering an almighty amount of torque, reaching 0 – 60pmh in just 2.79 seconds. The R pack is designed with racing in mind, boasting a limited slip differential, six speed sequential gearbox and four-point race harness. Unleashing the power on a sports car that weighs just 572kg, the 620R will leave most cars behind.